Monday, April 16, 2012

Potato Fail

I tried to make scalloped potatoes this week and it turned out to be a huge fail.

My recipe (that I just have in my head) involves a can of cream of mushroom soup (I know...I need to figure out how to make that from scratch in a timely manner), half and half, milk, and seasonings.  When I made this, I had ran out of cream of mushroom soup and milk.  I thought that I could sub the normal ingredients for half and half and...get this...chicken broth. 

Needless to say, it didn't work very well.  David literally had to fish the potatoes out of soup. 

Don't worry....I won't be sharing this recipe.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, I did grow up with scalloped potatoes out of a box, and they were always good!

Katy said...

The last time I tried to make potatoes in a similar manner, they over cooked and were all dried out! our recipes should combine for the perfect potatoes!