Monday, April 09, 2012

My Easter

An Easter lamb made out of butter
I had a wonderful, wonderful Easter.  On Thursday evening I drove back home to my parents' house and spent the entire weekend there.  I was in need of a relaxing weekend where I didn't have to worry about cleaning the house, making food, or doing any work and a holiday weekend was just the ticket! 

On Friday we went to St. Louis and picked up my brother from the airport.  His flight got in super duper early so we ate breakfast, ran some errands, visited some family, and did some shopping.  That evening we headed home and I went to Good Friday church (I don't think you can really call it a mass, right?) with my mom, which is my very favorite church service of the entire year.  That evening I hung out on the couch and read a book. 

Then, on Saturday, I ran and helped my mom decorate the house for guests.  Her side of the family drove in and we all did our traditional lamb cake decorating:
My cousin's cake

My cake

Lamb decorating supplies
That evening we hung out at home and visited and then I watched The Ten Commandments on ABC.  I even stayed up until the end! 

Then, on Sunday, we went to church and then to my grandma's for a very delicious Easter lunch.  It was such a wonderful weekend!  I hope your Easter was just as fabulous. 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That sounds delightful, Abbie!