Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shamrock Shakes!

Last week one of my co-workers mentioned getting a Shamrock shake.  While I enjoy the concept of a Shamrock shake, I do not actually enjoy the Shamrock Shakes from McDonalds.  To me, it tastes like a vanilla shake with green food coloring.  Therefore, I decided to try to make my own Shamrock Shake.  I bought mint ice cream, chocolate chips, and milk.  David and I combined all three ingredients to the shake drinker's specifications and enjoyed the creamy mint ice cream. 
As you can see, Thorina enjoyed it as well!  Delicious, and the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great birthday treat!

Sarah said...

Did you see this? http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2012/03/shamrock-blizzard/
I think I'm going to try this this weekend, for a grown-up treat after the kids are in bed!