Monday, March 05, 2012

Olive Tapenade

I love olives and unfortunately, David really, really dislikes them.  Just this weekend we were playing a game like the Newlywed Game with one of our friends and she asked us about the other person's least favorite food.  Mine is definitely cheese, so the question wasn't as fun for me, but I guessed butternut squash soup for David (that is the only recipe I have made that he just flat out disliked).  At that point, he reminded me of his distaste for olives and I had to admit defeat. 

But how could you dislike olives?  I think they are one of the better foods on the planet:

Olive tapenade is a delicious olive dish that I love making every once in a while.  I eat it and buy David fancy cheese (this involves my staring for 20 minutes in the cheese aisle in the grocery store, not sure what to buy).  We grab a baguette, salami, and enjoy a satisfying and easy dinner. 
This time, I added grape tomatoes on the top of my pile and it was heaven.  I just adore simple meals like this. 

Olive Tapenade

 - One jar Kalamata olives or green olives (make sure you buy these without the pits)
 - one can artichoke hearts
 - olive oil
 - salt and pepper to taste

Drain the olives and artichoke hearts.  Process them in your food processor until fine.  Add olive oil, about 1/4 cup, and salt and pepper to taste.  Serve on hunks of bread or with your favorite crackers. 
 

 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is funny that Tom and I recently played The Newlywed Game with friends too. I also hate olives!

F-I-L said...

I'm with David. It helps that you can salt and pepper to taste - bring on the Morton's!