Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whitney Houston

I couldn't let too much time pass without writing a post about Whitney Houston...I was sad when I heard the news of her death!  I think that it was because we used to listen to her songs when I was growing up in the 1980s and early 1990s.  I'm pretty sure that my parents owned a few of her cassettes and I know the words to several of her songs.  I remember my dad singing the songs in the car on the way home from St. Louis during my childhood.  I always liked a lot of her songs and I'm pretty sure that I listened to them even until college with my roommate Julie who also loved soft rock!

I asked David if he had any memories of her songs and he said that he had nice memories of his sister singing "Greatest Love of All" to him at night when they lived in Oregon.  It sounded like an inspirational performance!

When Michael Jackson died, I was sad but I didn't really listen to his music a lot growing up, so I don't think that it affected me as much as other people.  However, I grew sad about Whitney Houston. I wanted to share a few of my favorite songs:







1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ha ha...I don't remember singing that song to David, but that is sweet that he has nice memories of it! I started listening to the Whitney Pandora station when I heard she died, and I was kind of surprised at what a great station it was. I've been listening to it ever since!