Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring Panzanella

I am one of those crazy people who actually enjoy winter.  I love the snow, the cold, the snuggling, the sweatshirts, the soup...I love it all!  I am definitely a four seasons girl who enjoys things about each season. 

So, because we have been having an insanely warm winter this year, I have been thrown off kilter a bit.  I've been making soups and stews way less and have found myself craving spring dishes way too early. 

A week ago, I saw this delicious recipe for Spring Panzanella by Smitten Kitchen pinned pin Pinterest and had to make it.  I love things like salads and olive-type dishes, and this definitely fit the bill. 

For the record, I made our bread and kept it separate from the salad itself because I knew that we would have leftovers.

This recipe did not disappoint!  Do you like salads like this?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your picture looks good, but makes me smile. Last night I made a salad/dessert with a recipe from my mom which I love, but at which you and Sarah might scoff. It contains several cans of fruit, like mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, peaches, or pineapple--you can be flexible with whatever you like. Then you add canned cherry pie filling for a sauce. I also add coconut and pecans. It is very delicious!