Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My weekend

I had another great weekend this weekend!  On Friday I decided to drive home to visit my parents for a very quick visit.  We ate delicious pizza and watched a Whitney Houston special.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and I went on a little run and then drove to CoMo to visit my high school friends, Jolene and Rach! 


We ate too much Mexican for lunch and then went and did a little bit of shopping downtown and at the mall.

We stopped in Shoe Carnival and before we got there  my friend Rach made a comment that they always announce something like, "FOR THIRTY SECONDS ONLY....Aisle five has 95% off of ALL shoes!  Get it while it is hot!"  Well, we got in there and sure enough, they totally started to announce sales..."For TEN MINUTES ONLY....AN EXTRA 50% off ALL CLEARANCE!  THAT'S RIGHT, LADIES!  GET BACK THERE!"  And then the entire store stampeded back to the clearance aisle.  People were going crazy, looking in all of the shoe boxes.  And then they all stampeded back to the front of the store at the end of the ten minutes to check out.  This is not to mention the man egging everything on up front on his little podium with the crazy wheel that he kept spinning.  He kept exaggerating everything.  At one point he said that they had "hundreds" of shoes on sale and then he said that he had "over 1,500" shoes on sale.  How could that be?  I am over-analyzing this, I know.

Jolene actually found some cute shoes, but I didn't. 
That evening we wound up at one of our favorite places, Flat Branch.

On Sunday I did a bit of work and stayed home then on Monday I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.  Overall, it was a great weekend! 

No comments: