Monday, January 30, 2012

Our weekend

We had another great weekend!  On Friday evening, I went to Jazz and had some delicious Cajun food with some friends.  My favorite thing to order there is fried oysters, and mine did not disappoint.  They can also serve up a mean cup of gumbo, which I also order every time I go.  SO tasty.  The problem with Jazz is that I've eaten at their other branches (specifically, in Columbia), and wasn't too impressed.  However, maybe the food is better there.  At any rate, I always think that when a small restaurant decides to branch out, the original location is always better than the branches. 

On Saturday we hung out at home and I cleaned the house while David studied.  After church we went to our church's trivia night with David's sister and brother-in-law.  Last year we won the trivia night but this year we were no where close.  I am not very good with trivia because I don't know much about movies and sports, but when the art category comes along I usually know a fair amount from taking classes in college. 

Then, on Sunday, I went to yoga and had to go into work for a few hours to catch up on some things.  David studied all day long. 

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Steve said he thought we were in third place, although my memory is the same as yours - that we weren't even close.

Bethany Haid said...

I didn't do too much fun. I did enjoy Stephens Lake Park and both kids did swinging and the slide. That was fun!

But the reason I commented is to tell you that I am still reading and that I LOVE friend oysters, too. They are so so so so good if they are fresh from the gulf. Its worth a trip to Apilachicola if you are ever in Florida! They are the Vatican of oyster towns.

I am still more than a little jealous of your yoga time!

Miss you guys!

Kathy said...

Well, I think you should all take Steve's word for it!