Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Italy: Tuesday

On Tuesday, we took the bullet train back to Rome (we didn't want to waste any time now that everything was open!).  It is always funny navigating a train system in Europe since trains aren't as prevalent in the United States (at least in the U.S.), and especially since we didn't know the language.  We made it, though, so that afternoon we decided to go to the Vatican museum and we saw the Sistine Chapel.  It is so gorgeous to see.  I love just standing in the chapel and looking up for a long time.

That night, we went out to eat and walked around near the Spanish steps, which had great shopping:
 The Spanish steps (sorry for the horrible picture):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abbie,
I feel like I am getting my own personal tour of Italy! Love the pictures and the description of your trip! I can't wait for your parents to show and tell on Sunday. --Terri