Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Our weekend

Last Friday we hosted holiday party.  It was a lot of fun!  Last year we hosted a party, so we decided to have one again this year.  It seemed a bit early for having a party themed around Christmas, but it was great to have an excuse to get into the Christmas spirit!

The most hilarious thing that happened was that we were rushing around at round 7:00 (the party started at 8) and I looked at our heater and noted that the thermostat was completely blank.  During the week this happened once and we just poked a button or two and it came back on.  Well, the poking didn't work this time, so of course I started to go nuts thinking that we would all be freezing at the party.  Luckily someone in our relationship is sane (David), so he called a heating company who sent a nice man out ASAP.  The heater was completely fixed before our second guests arrived!  Hooray!  

On Saturday we slept in (it was the first time in a very, very long time that I haven't set an alarm....I woke up at 9:10 a.m.!  Glorious!) and cleaned.  That evening I went to my annual yoga Christmas party at my yoga teacher's house, which was really fun.  If you put a lot of Bikram yoga students into a room together the conversation sounds like this:

"What is your favorite posture?"

"I also really, really hate head to knee pose!"

Most people probably wouldn't have a ton of fun at that event.  :)

Then, on Sunday, we hung around and caught up on the work we needed to finish before the week started!  How was your weekend?

No comments: