Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!

I apologize for the sub-par blog posts for the last week or so, but I pre-wrote everything because we were on a vacation...a Roman Holiday!  David and I went to Italy with my family for Christmas this year.  We had a fabulous time...a once in a lifetime experience to have with my family that I am so thankful I was able to experience.  The highlight was celebrating Midnight Mass at St. Peter's Basilica with the Pope.

For now, I am going to sign off of the blog for the year.  For the last few days of 2011, I plan to relax and celebrate with friends and family.  2011 has been a weird year.  For lots of our friends, 2011 was a great year.  However, some of our friends have had some hard things happen this year.  This New Year's, my heart is thinking of them and how difficult it was for them to get through the holiday season.  But still, we were all lucky enough to wake up and experience the hard and the good things that go along with life and the New Year.  For that, we are blessed.  We all have so many things for which to be thankful.

On New Year's Eve, close to midnight, I will think of all of the people who have been a part of my life, old friends who influenced me during a certain part of my life, new friends who teach me new things every day, and my family.  When the ball drops, before I kiss my sweetheart, I will send a little wish that they all have a wonderful New Year.  Happy New Year to you and yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same wish for you and David too!!! Have a wonderful New Year filled with many blessings!!!!!
Was glad to hear that you and your family got back home safely and had a good time----will look forward to hearing more about the trip.
God bless and love, Juanita

Andy said...

Happy New Year to you too!