Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our weekend

We had another great weekend.  This weekend, it was fantastic to have time to sit and just relax.  I was off on Friday, which was amazing.  I really needed the day to relax and have a break from work.  I ran errands, got Paco a haircut, and went to Trader Joe's.  I really love our new Trader Joe's near our house, especially the frozen foods.  This time, I bought Egg Rolls and Orange Asian chicken, and I am really excited to try them! That night, we hung out at home and watched Bridesmaids.  It was really great to have a night alone with David just to relax!

On Saturday I went on a long run with David and then went out to eat lunch with a friend.  After that, I went home and cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned some more.  Then, after mass, we baby-sat for our nieces and nephews, which is always fun.  We made pigs in a blanket, pizza rolls, salad (!), and macaroni and cheese (Spongebob Squarepants style).  They LOVED the pigs in a blanket. Other favorite activities while baby-sitting include:

  • Tormenting Playing with the cats
  • Taking a bubble bath
  • Watching cartoons
  • Reading before bed
On Sunday, we hung out and I made a mega feast of chicken, stuffing, potato casserole, green bean casserole, and gravy.  I like to make a Thanksgiving-type feast a couple of weeks before the big day and after thinking about Thanksgiving I had a craving for the fixings!  I then decided that I am in fact turning into my mother because I watched The Trouble With Angels on Netflix (they just added it!), which is something my mom did every Sunday when I was growing up.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your mom used to watch The Trouble with Angels every Sunday? That's cute and funny!