Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

We had yet another wonderful holiday weekend.  On Wednesday, we traveled to my parents' house and enjoyed taco salads for supper with my family.  On Thursday, we ran in the Turkey Trot, where I did pretty well (for me...my time was 26:33 for a 5k!  Yay!), but yet again came out empty handed.  Boo.  David, however, won a sack of potatoes for getting second in his age group, so that was awesome!  I told him that he was helping out with groceries.  Everybody but myself won a prize.

After that, we went to my grandma's house where we enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving feast.  She is such a great cook and makes everything from scratch.  My favorite thing this year?  Actually, it was the blueberry pie she made for dessert.  YUM!  So tasty.

After we stuffed ourselves silly, we traveled to the Lake of the Ozarks, where David's parents rented a house for David's siblings to meet and enjoy the holiday.  We had a relaxing weekend, eating way too much and playing games.  We were all entertained by David's nieces and nephew, who are really adorable.

I am so happy that our families get along so well and our holidays are so easy and relaxing.  We had a great time at both families and look forward to next year!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It certainly was a delightful long Thanksgiving weekend! And now, it sounds like we are enthusiastically jumping into the Christmas season, putting up decorations and addressing cards! These months are so much fun!

Jules said...

Abbie that is a GREAT time on your race - nice work!!!