Monday, October 24, 2011

Homemade Twix Bars

 Before I was a bridesmaid, I saw a recipe for these delicious Salted Caramel Shortbread Bars (otherwise known as homemade Twix bars) that looked simply delicious.  I HAD to try it but I decided to wait until AFTER I had finished fitting into my (very cute) bridesmaid dress. 

The bars did not disappoint and I ate these for days.  Now, I don't think real Twix bars are as good as the homemade version (but will still enjoy one in a pinch):
 I found the recipe here
This made a pretty big batch, so I sent some to work with David.  Now, I am regretting sharing these with anybody because they were so good! 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

They look wonderful. I got two new dessert recipes from friends who brought treats to work for Bosses' Day last week. One is for Mississippi Mud Cake which I'm planning to make sometime when Andy is home, maybe to bring to Kansas City.