Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wraps


I made this in the crock pot a few weeks ago, and it was delicious.  Delicious.  You must make it ASAP. 
I made the chicken during an afternoon and added lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to the tortilla wrap to make a buffalo chicken wrap.  It was the perfect easy, quick, and delicious meal for two people.  The chicken tastes just like that buffalo chicken dip that people make with the cream cheese, only without the calories (I assume...isn't cream of chicken soup better than cream cheese?).  While the wraps were delicious, crispy, and fresh, I used the leftovers as a dip for pita chips.  Yum!

Buffalo Chicken Wrap Chicken
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • one can cream of chicken soup
  • 1.5 cups buffalo chicken sauce (orange--- I used Ott's)
Combine ingredients in the crock pot and set it on high for 4 hours.   After the chicken is finished cooking, shred it in the crockpot using forks.  Serve with various vegetables on a wrap.

David really liked this recipe as well.  It was inspired by Iowa Girl Eats (seriously, I love that girl!  Is there anybody who wants to make a pilgrimage to Des Moines with me?), but I sort of revamped the recipe based on ingredients I had on hand.  I wouldn't recommend making this without any cream or soup to offset the flavor of the buffalo sauce. 

3 comments:

Jules said...

My mom made a similar variation of this recipe this past weekend - instead of cream of chicken soup she sprinkled a packet of ranch seasoning on the chicken - it was delicious! Thought I'd share in case you ever want to try something a little different and I'll have to try yours as well!

Kathy said...

Abbie, that sounds really great. I'm starting to think about what to feed Andy and his Korean friends and this sounds like a good option.

Kathy said...

Everybody liked your chicken recipe tonight!