- We have had two big weddings friend/family in the past two weekends, which has made life super busy! It is such fun busy, though. I got to see one of my best friends get married first at a gorgeous venue, and then this past weekend my cousin got married and I was a bridesmaid! Everything was so much fun and it all seemed like a whirlwind.
- Today when we were driving home from the second wedding, I finally felt like fall has set in. Usually I feel this way after Labor Day, but this year I guess that the weddings seemed like the end of summer in my mind. As a result, I decided to cook a bunch and bake.
- Said baking project went horribly. I tried to make pretzel bites (I'm not even going to link to the recipe I used because those poor people don't need my feeble attempt at making their meal to be linked to their site whatsoever). I threw away the entire batch. I think there were several problems:
2. I put baking soda in the boiling water, causing said water to boil over into a foam cloud onto my stove, the floor between the stove and the sink, and the sink;
3. I cooked the "bites" too long, which resulted in dumplings being put into the over to bake;
4. I did not drain the dumplings well, so there was runny water all over the baking pan while they were supposed to get golden brown.
- The leaves are starting to turn beautiful colors and we saw another hoot owl in our backyard, only this time it was perched very near our deck. Can hoot owls carry away shih-tzus?
- I love this version of this song, and I rarely think that renditions are very good, especially when the original song was performed by Johnny Cash: