Monday, September 12, 2011

Family Vacay

This past weekend, we went on a family vacation with David's family.  We had a great time!  We went to Stockton, Missouri, where we rented a vacation home that was simply gorgeous.  I really loved the decorations in the house and it was extremely large, which was perfect for our entire family! 

On Friday evening we arrived and talked and snacked.  On Saturday, my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and I went on a run together.  I was pretty apprehensive about running with other people because I do not consider myself to be a very fast runner, but everything was fine (if I did hold you guys back, I'm sorry)!  We then played Trivial Pursuit, which was fun, and then we went out to eat dinner at "The World's Best Pizza Place" (located in Stockton, Missouri...who knew?!) and went to mass.

We ended up going to mass in El Dorado Springs, Missouri and after church we visited the city park to get a taste of the mineral spring water:
The water was very rusty tasting.  Not what I would consider delicious water!

After that, we went back to the house and made s'mores (we had a fire pit there and my other brother-in-law had the brilliant idea to buy s'more fixings for us!).  Finally, to cap off the day, we sang "Happy Birthday" to my father-in-law, whose birthday was yesterday. 

Overall it was a really fun getaway!  The area is really pretty down near Stockton and I think we all enjoyed spending some quality time together!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It was fun quick vacation, and I would recommend The Hoff House to other families for get-togethers. Especially if you have as companionable and compatible of a family as we do, you will really like it!

Anonymous said...

Abbie we went to Stockton to visit friends when the girls were little and they took us to the Red Barn for dinner ----it was really good and it really was a red barn----do you know if it is still there?
Sounds like a good weekend!
Love ya, Juanita

Pop R said...

You left out the part about the police raid!