Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colleen's Big Day!

 Our first wedding was my good friend Colleen's wedding.  Two weeks ago we got up on a Saturday and headed to Washington, Missouri, for the outdoor vineyard wedding!  This was after we decided to stop in Hermann, Missouri, for a little delicious chocolate malt break.  During the car ride, as you can see in the picture to the side, an alien descended upon my head and tried to do my hair.  Why I am posting this pic I don't know, but seriously why does my hair have to dry that way?!  Argh.
After checking into our hotel and spending some quality time with my curling iron, we headed to the wedding.  I got to the hotel and realized that my top outfit choice no longer fit me, so I decided to go with the color combo that Jancin and Amy were also sporting.  Yay!  We are sisters. 

Luckily, I found myself a good looking date for the wedding on the side of the highway  Shhh.  Don't tell my husband.
 The bride was simply beautiful and the wedding could not have been prettier.  The bride and groom were stunning and the day was beautiful: a perfect temperature.
 My friends and I take pictures to frame after everybody's wedding.  Here was the one from Colleen's:
 And her gorgeous cake.  Seriously one of the more stunning cakes in person.
Best wishes, Colleen and Brian!  The wedding was divine and we loved it!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Abbie, you are such an entertaining writer, and I love the pretty pictures!

Heather said...

I think I've been to this exact location for a wedding a few years ago. Does it overlook the Missouri River there?