Monday, August 22, 2011

My weekend!

I had a fun weekend full of celebrations for brides! Of course, was is imperative that we send them off to married life in style.

On Friday I got to leave work a bit early and went down to the Lake of the Ozarks for my friend Colleen's bachelorette party. We enjoyed yummy treats and floated in the lake. Later that evening, we played some fun games (including "Pin the Junk on the Hunk") and enjoyed some champagne. The next day, we ate a delicious breakfast and I waved goodbye to everybody and headed off to St. Louis!

That evening, I went to a shower for my cousin Emily that was bedroom-themed. Here was the cake:Isn't it amazing?! One of Emily's friends made it for her. The friend isn't even a professional baker, but we all agreed that she could make a living owning a bakery. Don't you agree?

I think that both brides enjoyed their bachelorette weekends! Did you have a bachelorette party?

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow!!! What a cake. She could do it professionally! Is she a lawyer, too?

Now, be honest, was it an "in the bedroom" type party, or gifts for the bedroom? I thought at first it must have been a Bachelorette party, not a shower that great-aunts are invited too!

Well-Sugared Student said...

that cake is amazing!

Anonymous said...

RORO said can you tell us more about the cake?-it is amazing!