Tuesday, August 02, 2011

My summer makeup

Since I am trying to post more beauty-themed posts, I thought that I would show you all my makeup bag this summer!
I love my Vera Bradley print...it is Riviera Blue and from a few years ago. I am glad that I invested in the full travel set! I love the fun pattern and the bright colors. Shall we?

First up...my primers/moisturizers:
From left to right:
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: After using it for a year and a half, I love this stuff. I've only gone through one full potion bottle (that gives you an idea of how long it lasts!). This stuff WORKS. My eye makeup will still be visible after I go through a yoga class. That is powerful stuff!
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 35: I always hated moisturizers with SPF because I found them greasy. My dermatologist recommended this and I love it! The moisturizer goes on very evenly and does not make me feel oily.
3. Bare Minerals Prime Time: I began using this when I started with Bare Minerals. So far, I like it. I used to use Smashbox Photo Finish Light, and if I were to ever switch out of Bare Minerals I would probably go back, but I found that the Smashbox did not work as well with my powders so I decided to keep it.

Bare Minerals system: I still love this stuff. It covers my acne and I usually do not worry about re-applying during the day.
NARS bronzer in Laguna: They say that this shade is the perfect shade for everybody, and I like it. I feel like I need to blend when I use this on top of the Bare Minerals bronzer, but overall I like it.

This is a Clinique eyeshadow set from last year. It was a Nordstrom exclusive, so I don't know if it is really available anymore. However, (as you can tell) I love the brown color. It is a perfect brown for my skin tone and looks professional when I wear it to work!For my eyes, I generally use Lancome products. I love their eyeliners, and I obtained this particular eyeliner when I got a bunch of samples for spending enough money at the counter. I also really like the Hypnose Drama mascara in black. It stays on for a long time! Finally, the long tube is waterproof mascara. Seriously, this stuff is waterproof. If I forget to take it off with remover, I can sleep in this stuff for days!

Those are my favorite summer makeup products. I really want the Urban Decay Naked Palette this fall...maybe I can get my hands on it!

No comments: