Wednesday, August 10, 2011

High School Girls' Weekend: Brewery and dinner

After we finished at the winery, we decided to head to the Crown Ridge Brewery. I sampled a beer tasting with Rach, which was absolutely delicious and fun! We got a large sheet of brews and got to pick eight from the sheet of paper to try. I love tastings anyway, but the added bonus of choice made it all the more fun.

After that, we all gussied up and went to dinner:
We just ate at the Crown Ridge restaurant at our hotel- Tiger Pointe. I enjoyed bison chili and pasta (oink, oink). After that was over, we decided to try to take more pics with the tigers:
After this picture, we realized that the bag in Rach's hand contained her leftover bison stroganoff. The cats were getting agitated...they began to pace back and forth in the cages! Our imaginations ran wild as we recalled that cats can smell over 500 smells and scents from something like a million miles away. THEN we realized that the bag was leaking gravy! We began to run back to our room, which was about the time at which the bag completely broke. We shoved it into a trash can, looked at the pacing tigers, the gravy trail, and our dinky door to our condo, and said a little prayer for the fences of the tigers to REMAIN STRONG.

It is always fun to enjoy time with friends and I am so lucky to have so many great friends! Rach planned the entire weekend and it was just divine. I also enjoyed seeing a different part of Missouri...I don't think that I have ever been south of STL on the east side of the state, especially to stay and enjoy the views. There are some really gorgeous parts of Missouri....the flat plains by where my parents live, the Ozark hills...I would say that I am lucky to live in such a gorgeous state! I love to travel to faraway places, but I also think that it is fun to simply enjoy the scenery close to home.

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Abbie, I am laughing because I wrote my previous comment about the tigers just before I read this story about the bison leftovers and the tiger fences!