Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dirty Rice and Fresh Corn Salad

Sorry for the blurry picture!

Last week, I read this post from Annie's Eats and was inspired to try making my own Dirty Rice. I love the stuff from the box, but I figured that I would try a homemade version like she did in her post! I made it on Sunday and it was a big success. I also made a fresh corn salad because by Sundays evening on the weekend, I always crave a nice fresh salad full of good veggies.

Here are my recipes!

Dirty Rice
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 green peppers
- one large can diced tomatoes, plain
- one half of a yellow onion
- one pound hamburger
- one jalapeno
- paprika to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste

1. Cook the rice in the chicken broth.
2. Brown the meat, remove from heat.
3. In a large pan, saute the onion, green pepper, and jalapeno.
4. Add the diced tomatoes.
5. Combine everything and season to your taste.

See? Easy peasy.

No comments: