Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Creamy Pasta


On Sunday I stopped in Target for a few items and saw a magazine about Italian cooking, which made me immediately crave a creamy and delicious pasta. This craving did not leave me all day so I went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for my pasta!

I threw everything together from our fridge, so this is a little random, but I hope you enjoy it!

Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 1/2 box whole wheat pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled
- one strip of bacon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream

Dice and fry the bacon in a large pot. When the bacon is crispy, remove some of the bacon fat and throw it away. Remove the bacon pieces from the remaining bacon fat. Add the olive oil and add the onion and red pepper. Let these saute for 5-10 minutes, until soft. Add the mushrooms and let them soften. Add the white wine and the spinach. Once everything is soft, add the whipping cream, let heat, and toss in the pasta.

This is SO good.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That sounds delicious! I hope you and David have some leftovers to take for lunch tomorrow.