I love it when other bloggers do brain dumps, so I thought that I would give it a try today!
- My eating habits have gone by the wayside again. With all of the vacations and fun weekends, it is really hard to eat in a healthy manner. For instance, this past weekend on Saturday, I ate enough Starbursts to feed a small lion. And why did I do that?! I don't even love Starburst! I wouldn't mind so much if what I was eating excessively was actual, real food. Instead, I snack on chocolate fun size candy bars, chocolate sauce at work, and Starburst. When I get home, I eat cookies and my husband's stash of brownies, M&Ms....the list goes on. I have heard of people getting off sugar cold turkey and I tried that one week....on Monday I said that I was not having any sugary sweet items (I could eat fruit) until Friday. There is no sense in limiting myself over the weekend, but that plan worked! Perhaps I will try it again next week. I hate how I feel after indulging in sweets.
- Last night I went to a law school reunion happy hour. The entire time, I kept thinking of how grown up everybody looked and how weird it was that it was over a year ago that I graduated. I seriously cannot believe it. I love my job, though, so it is good to be in this new stage of life...just weird that I will probably not be a student again.
- I am back to trying to spend only $50 a week in groceries. Last week, I spent $77, but that included some big-ticket items. For a while this summer, David went grocery shopping and kept going to Costco. I know that in many, many situations that store is a smart move, but we ended up spending way more money than budgeted during the summer months. This month I am trying to get back to the more frugal grocery shopping.
- Last night, I used a Shout Wipe on my suit for work. It left a big watermark! Durn. I decided to handwash the suit because it said that I could on the tags....we shall see how that turns out. I hope I didn't ruin it.
- Speaking of my work attire, I really need new work shoes. However, I just don't want to spend the moolah on them right now. It seems like it would be smart for me to invest in a really, really good pair of black heels, since I wear them every. day. Any suggestions? I always love Sofft brand but none of them really screamed "work appropriate" to me.
- This weekend I really, really want to clean out my closet/drawers. I doubt that I wear 60% of the clothing in that closet, and it is always junky. I would love to get some sort of home organization system going in there. I would also love to paint my closet, but David says that it sounds like a waste of time. We shall see!