Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bad kitty

Kitty Thorina has started hunting again. One evening last week, we heard a loud meowing, meowing, meowing coming from the garage. David opened the door and Thorina came trotting in with a lizard hanging out of her mouth! Gah!

I screamed and jumped on top of the furniture while Thorina released the lizard from her jaws and began to play with it. Eventually, he went under a plant in our living room. I didn't want him to get lost, so I lifted up the plant. I thought that would be a good idea until he started heading toward the air conditioning vent! We tried to grab (along with Thorina) but the lizard was just too quick.

Realizing that now we had a lizard in our air conditioning vents, we decided to close all of the vents and open the windows for a few days. Once David convinced me that the lizard was gone a few days later, we enjoyed air conditioning again.

I thought that it would be the end of the lizard saga for a while (I hoped that we wouldn't see another for at least a year since the last time she caught one was a year ago). However, this weekend, while I was at a shower, David texted me the above picture and said, "You'll never believe what she brought into the house...."

ANOTHER LIZARD. This kitty is crazy. David rescued the newest victim and released him outside, even though his tail had been dismembered in the garage. I am proud of Thorina's hunting skills, but I wish that she would just take care of her prey outside. The most hilarious part is that you can tell that she is so proud of herself when she brings the lizards into our house. We try to praise her and give her lots of attention for her hunting skills (besides screaming).



4 comments:

David said...

Some members of the household offer more praise than others...

Kathy said...

You have tiny lizards! Maybe that is because of the missing tail. We have never had a cat bring us a lizard she caught. I'm thinking that a lizard in the house is worse than finding dead mice and baby moles on the garage rug.

Heather said...

A friend of mine has a cat that looks a lot like Thorina actually. The cat will "hunt" catnip mice and them meow and meow to announce she caught one and bring it over and lay it down at my friend's feet as if to say " See Mom how good I am? Aren't you proud?". Cats are funny!

Heather said...

..