Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trouble again

This little kitty was in trouble again today.

Every night, she meows and meows over and over after I have gone to bed. David says that she even nips at his feet.

What does she want? Food.

Does she get lots of food at home? Absolutely.

Why does she do this? She is spoiled.


Every single night, I intervene from the bed for the kitty (it reminds me of The First Four Years after Laura has her second baby and Rose wants sandwiches and the baby-sitter won't give them to her....is this reference lost on everybody but me?). "Give her a midnight snack!" I yell to David.

He tries to refuse, saying that she will learn that meowing and nipping will eventually lead her down a bad path and teach her that she can get what she wants by being bad. I retorted that she is, after all, only a cat, and cannot manipulate us like that.

Ha. HAHAHAHHAA.

Today at 4:50 a.m., I was awakened by a noise.

"MEEOOOOWOWWRRRWWA!! MWOOOEEOOOWW! MEEEOOOOWWWWW!!!" I heard from the kitchen.

Was it an emergency? No.

Was it an injury? No.

Was it some sort of life-threatening cat ailment? No.

My cat simply wanted to be fed.

Lucky for her, I wake up at 5 a.m. anyway most days so that I can run before work. Lucky for me, David is a VERY heavy sleeper and was never bothered from his slumber by the crazy kitty, so he could not revel in winning his point.

1 comment:

David said...

I am certainly reveling now, though. At least until I get bitten again.