Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nom nom pizza

On Monday evening I made this delicious pizza as a last-minute dinner. I had a craving for pepperoni pizza.

I made a half of a box of Jiffy pizza dough mix (seriously my favorite out of all of the boxed kinds of pizza dough, but still worse than homemade in general). After that, I rolled the dough thinly onto a pan that I saturated with olive oil. I kneaded the dough around the olive oil and added more (I think this was part of the secret to deliciousness). I added some tomato sauce from a can (just plain), sugar, thyme, pepper, and red pepper. Then, I covered the pizza with pepperoni and some slices of grilled eggplant I made the night before. I cooked it on 395 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (I always peek).

One word: YUM. This was seriously my very favorite homemade pizza of all time. Usually I think the pizza dough is too thick, but this time it was thin, crispy, and delicious. Guess what? I didn't share with ANYBODY.

What are your favorite homemade pizza combos?

No comments: