Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fourth of July!

We had a great Fourth of July. The long weekend was a much needed break from work! Now I feel like my summer is in full swing. On Friday evening I had some delicious pizza with a friend and walked around outside. It is SO nice to simply enjoy the outdoors in this nice, warm weather. I love the summer! After that, David and I watched the movie Pride and Prejudice. We both love that movie and I am currently reading the book, which made it even better!

On Saturday we cleaned the house a bit and I hung out in my new pool that David bought me for our anniversary (by pool, I mean a $10 kid pool from Target. But I am not complaining because I love it!). That evening, we had David's sister and her family over for a BBQ and a (tiny) fireworks display. I can't resist getting some fireworks over the Fourth! Our niece was excited about the sparklers:
Enjoying the sparklers:
Lighting the snakes (which were awesome):
On Sunday, we traveled to my parents' house where we enjoyed a Fourth of July party with my family! My mom loves the Fourth of July and whenever they host a party, it is chock full of fun Fourth of July decorations and festivities (and good food!). David's family was able to come, and I had to show a picture of David's grandmother's glasses:
Of course, I did not take nearly enough pictures at the party. So many great people were there with whom I enjoyed visiting!

On Monday, we drove home, cleaned some more, and barbecued. Everything was perfect and I had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I wish Grandma R. could see her picture on your blog! I'll print your article for her. We really enjoyed your parents' party!

Anonymous said...

RORO said I really enjoyed the 4th of July party at Connie's this year. Being away from my house and talking to lots of friends along with eating great food~~made it especially fun. Had a great time talking to David's mom and grandmother, who I thought was David's mom SISTER!