Friday, July 08, 2011

Four years old

Why do I always feel the need to mark Thorina's birthday and adoption anniversary, but never any of my other animals? Probably because we got Thorina only four days after getting married, so she holds a special place in my heart. It is a good thing that said special place in my heart exists for this feline, because she has sure gotten herself into a lot of trouble over the years, from accidents on the floor, to escaping from the home and reappearing later in the evening, to falling from one story to the ground below....the list goes on and on and on. But the best part of this kitty is that every day, when my alarm goes off in the morning, she feels the need to meow it up and announce the day. She then proceeds to hop on my chest, making it impossible for me to snooze back to sleep. All the while, she wants many pets and affection.

Thorina is definitely a one-family cat. She dislikes anybody who is not me or David (generally).

It was four years ago that we got this kitty (well, really last Monday on the Fourth, but you get the picture). Happy Gotcha Day, kitty Thorina!

2 comments:

David said...

I believe that you composed this post before this morning, when Thorina evidently endeared herself to you further by darting outside and hiding under two separate cars at 6:20 a.m.

Anonymous said...

RORO said pets are the best like a member of the family. My mom once said every married couple should get a dog or cat B4 they have kids!