Monday, July 25, 2011

Family Vacation

We had a fun and exciting weekend! David and I took the day off of work on Friday and we traveled south to meet David's family for a fun family vacation! We stayed at a ranch where food was provided, along with games, tennis, badminton, and swimming.
On Friday, we arrived and grew accustomed to our surroundings. We played tennis and badminton with David's sister and brother. Unfortunately, I only one one game of badminton! Tennis was fun, though, and I would like to play more often!

On Saturday morning, I woke up to this outside our cabin:

And this:
Pretty nice, huh? We decided to take a float trip on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know some of David's cousins a little better. We laughed at family stories from the past and about our floating skillz....including David's getting almost hooked by a tree trunk hanging out in the water! The six mile float ended up lasting almost five hours! What a perfect way to relax on a Saturday.

On Sunday morning, we got up and went to a darling church that was made out of stone. Alas, I forgot to take a picture. Then we drove back to our old town, Columbia, where we met some friends for lunch. It was fun to see Danielle and Steve for a nice visit! I have to admit that being back in Columbia made me nostalgic for the town. I really enjoyed living there....there are so many fun things to do, trails, stores, and beautiful trees and buildings to enjoy. However, I think that I am happy about our current situation as well! The city has a lot to offer. At any rate, we miss our old friends who still live in that area.

On the car ride home I napped. The entire car ride to and from the destination was spent listening to a podcast about the history of science. David and I got a refresher on science in the 20th century. Isn't technology amazing?

How was your weekend?



3 comments:

Mrs. Haid said...

Were you at a resort? My family is looking for a place to do something similar to this, that's why I ask! I am glad you had a good time.

You should know that CoMo misses you, too!

Kathy said...

Not surprisingly, our weekend was as delightful as yours! I loved every quick minute of it! I am curious about the family stories!

Danielle said...

I love your pictures! It was so great to see you guys, I'm so glad we were able to meet up! :-)