Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Delicious Pizza and My Nails

So the pizza saga went well into last week...to the point where I was scaring David and my brother, who is staying with us for the summer. They were afraid that they would have to stage a "pizza intervention".
This time I roasted zucchini, onion, and delicious cherry tomatoes in the oven with some salt and olive oil. I made my trusty half batch of the Jiffy pizza crust, added some tomato sauce with sugar, red pepper, black pepper, and thyme, and baked the pizza until it was nice and crispy. The dough was soooo delicious again....crisp on the edges with the perfect amount of delicious chewiness in the middle. The vegetables were so tasty on the top as well. I LOVE PIZZA!



Every Sunday, I paint my nails. I am not an expert in nail painting, but I always love posts where people share products so I thought that I would share some of my faves with you all as well!

My favorite brand of nail polish is essie. The line has so many gorgeous colors and I always feel like a kid in a candy store when I see their ads, go into Target to buy some, or go on their website. These are the colors in my collection:

(From left to right)
1. Rose Bowl: This color looks red on first inspection but has a tiny tint of hot pink to it. I love this color for a fun summery happy red.
2. Mademoiselle: If you read any beauty magazines, this color is always listed as a "must-own" color because it is the "perfect neutral for all skin tones". I have to agree, at least for my skin! I usually wear a neutral color on my hands and a fun color on my toes because I cannot be to crazy with nail colors in my line of work! Mademoiselle is perfect for weekly wear. It makes my fingernails look polished and professional.
3. French Affair: This color is a really fun and flirty pink color. I wore it this week on my toes!
4. Pinking up the Pieces: Again, this is a great neutral color. This has a bit of a pearly shine to it, though, so I think it is more visible than Mademoiselle. For some reason, I feel like it is more of a winter neutral color.

I also like OPI nail polish, although most of my colors are pretty old:

(Left-right)
1. Aphroditie's Pink Nightie: This color is from the OPI Greek line from a few years ago. It used to be my very favorite nail color of all time, but I have not used it lately. Can you grow out of favorite nail colors?
2. Ate Berries in the Canaries: This is a fun purple/pink color and looks tropical. I was disappointed, though, because I used it last week and my bottle seems to be too old. I will have to replace it soon!
3. Parlez-Vous OPI?: I LOVE this color for a winter toenail color.
4. Miami Beet: I love this color for fall. It is a gorgeous burgundy/beet color that is very pretty.

And finally..... 1. My very favorite top coat: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear. You MUST get the Xtreme Wear. Poor David had a lecture about this one time when I had it on a Target list and he came home with plain Hard as Nails. The Xtreme Wear makes my nails last for a full week! As you can see, I need a new bottle.
2. Cover Girl Boundless Color Bronze Beauty: My favorite color when I am cheering on my favorite team!

Generally, I lean to more pinky/purple colors and avoid oranges/corals because I don't like those shades with my skin tone. There is something about having my nails painted perfectly on Monday morning that makes the day go so much better!

4 comments:

Mrs. Haid said...

I'm in a huge pizza phase too. Not a pizza funk... a pizza phase! I have been using the broiler function on our oven and making brushetta of sors to reduce the heat in our house. And its so so so good. I am also fond of Kraft's Cheddar Mozzeralla Pizza Cheese lately.. but usually I use some type of parm/reggiano .... and mushrooms... and pepperoni... or I get some from HyVEe on the way home that's already made!

I loved your polishes. I really, really want a pedicure that's deep and intense since I didn't do any foot care during pregnancy (too hard to reach!) and since summer is so hard on my feet. I really like the essie colors...thanks for linking! I found them at walgreens courtesy of your link! I will have to stop and get some.

Kathy said...

Abbie, this post is a funny coincidence to me! I have just started painting my toenails since our Girls' Weekend pedicure. Today a co-worker was making fun of me because I only have one bottle of nail polish which I keep reapplying. Bowing to her peer pressure, on my way home from work today, I stopped at Walgreens and bought another color! Plus, I bought a bottle of crackle topcoat! Pretty soon I'll be ordering fashion magazines!

Anonymous said...

My summer favorite is OPI who do voo doo. It's like a brick red with a hint of pink. Love it!
Terri

Heather said...

Catching up on your blog posts today and I find that I want to go nail polish shopping now. :)