Thursday, June 02, 2011

Tapering

This post has nothing to do with the pictures, but I had to share these beyond adorable pics of my puppy.

This week I am tapering my running...which means that I cannot run as much in anticipation of the big race. I am not sure how it will go...I think that I will be really tired by the end of it, and happy if I run the entire thing. The course is really hilly, which makes it about ten times more difficult than a "normal" half marathon.
I ran six miles on Monday and Tuesday, and on Wednesday I plan to go to yoga and run shorter distances.

My Monday run was great. The weather was beautiful and the weather was hot. I love running in the summer heat, so I was beyond happy to run in shorts and a tank top!

I am now considering my workout routine post-race. Should I keep running long distances during the week? I feel like I want to sign up for another race or two to keep me motivated....

2 comments:

Jules said...

YAY for tapering!! I have been taking it pretty easy this week and I agree, at the end I will most definitely be right there with you...tired and happy!

I have been trying to decide what to do post-race as well...I think that I am going to try to work on picking up some speed by training for shorter distance races. I've been pretty comfortable with my 10ish min/mile pace since I started running almost three years ago and I think it would do my body some good to shake that up! I'd love to sign up for another race or two with you to help me stay on track with my goals too! :)

Kathy said...

I hope it wasn't too hot for your race. You runners are amazing!