Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer supper

Now that the weather is so hot, I have less of an appetite for hearty foods. Last night I decided to try Pioneer Woman's Summer Stir-Fry. I added couscous to make the dish a bit more hearty while still maintaining its light quality.

I also made a summer Greek-inspired salad. I took a lettuce Spring Mix, olives, cucumber, and red onion and added a little dressing made of sugar, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. It was delicious and light.

Did you have a good weekend? We had a great but a busy weekend (more on that later). My friend and I have been following the Casey Anthony murder trial and are anticipating the next week's case presentation. I enjoy reading about trails much more now that I have been to law school! At this point, I do not have any major thoughts about the case. Have you been following it?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, I had never heard of the Casey Anthony case, but we did see Legally Blonde at the Muny on Friday and it always makes me think of you and your law school friends!

Anonymous said...

RORO said--NO and I am tired of hearing about it.When we were in Florida it was on TV ALL the time--even so much that when you went in someplace to eat it was on then too~~~can you tell it drove me crazy!!! Can the judge decide to make it public or not---Thank God the Coleman case was closed!

Well-Sugared Student said...

I haven't really been following it too much, but my mom left me a voicemail that went something like this: "And have you been watching that Casey Anthony trial? I think she is guilty. What are all of the attorneys in your office saying about all of this?"

When I do read about it, it makes me absolutely sick.