Thursday, June 09, 2011

Sick Day

Paco felt sorry for me

Last Wednesday I had to take a half day sick day. The night before, my throat started hurting like I was swallowing daggers. I tried to go into work, but felt so horrible.

It was a big day because it was my first ever sick day at a real, grown-up job! I never really knew when being sick was too sick to stay at work, because when I was in school it seemed that the only times I got sick was during finals season, so I rarely stayed home because I had to be in class to hear the lectures and take my finals. When I got home, I made some chicken soup with dumplings to help my throat. Then I laid in bed alllllll afternoon. After I slept, I felt much better.

It taught me not to necessarily stay at work just to be dog tired and not well. Taking an afternoon to sleep and make myself feel better not only made me feel better, but probably made me ultimately more productive!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I hope your husband was nurturing to you when you were sick, although that is not one of my strong points!