Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our weekend

We had a great weekend this past weekend. On Friday evening, David's brother came to our house (my brother was already there!) for the weekend. We always have a great time with our brothers when they visit for a weekend. We don't get to see them that often (they are busy college kids and we don't really live very close to either of them), so our time with them is truly precious. I can't think of many times when we have had a bad time with them. We are lucky that they get along!

On Friday evening we stayed at home, ate homemade nachos, and visited. On Saturday morning the guys went to play golf and I went to yoga and ran some errands. On Saturday evening, we went to eat at Jazz, a Louisiana-themed restaurant. We got to sit outside all evening and enjoy the weather---one of my very favorite things to do in the summer Everything was so delicious. I enjoyed fried oysters, dirty rice, gumbo, and hush puppies. Yum! Some pics:

The brothers and sister---please ignore my rootsMy friend Jancin and I


The siblings-prom style

When we got home on Saturday evening, we ate too much ice cream. On Sunday morning I went to yoga again and we met David's sister and her family for lunch. After that, we went bar stool shopping (found some great ones at Target!) and enjoyed the rest of the day on Sunday.

I felt like my weekend was long and relaxing, which I needed. How was your weekend?

No comments: