Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mid-Week

How is your week going? Mine is going by pretty quickly. Monday was brutal. I was not ready to return to work after the weekend. One thing I really dislike is not being efficient while I am at work....nothing is more annoying than wasting time because I am in a bad mood or just not feeling it. Monday was one of those days. I think that this was a collective sentiment as I went to yoga on Monday evening and everybody was dragging, tired, and in a grumpy mood. My teacher even commented after class that everybody seemed...off.

On Tuesday, however, I woke up, felt refreshed, and happy.

This kitty has been in trouble lately:She constantly waits by the doors, wanting someone to slip and let her out by accident. Upon being released to the outside world, she runs away and promptly cowers because she is scared by the outside world.

Someone is too big for their paws, it seems.


My impatiens that were NOT planted within reach of a certain varmint are still thriving:As are my petunias that were gifted to me on the girls' weekend:
While I was growing up, my grandmother had gorgeous flower gardens that I just loved. I have to say that it wasn't until I tried planting my own flowers that I discovered what an investment those gardens are/were....so much time and patience goes into growing things. I want to get better at growing things as I age!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My week is great and happy, and very full, with some work at the library, helping with snacks at VBS, and having fun with Emma and Noah! Sadly, my flower gardens are a mess this summer because I haven't devoted time to them. My zinnias which I always love so dearly are buried under weeds. I even killed my Girls' Weekend petunia by trying to make it a house plant!