Thursday, June 30, 2011

The First Four Years

Dear David,

I can't believe that it has been four years since the day we got married. I still remember the day very clearly because it was one of the best days of my life. I got a great night's sleep, ate breakfast at Dairy Queen, got my hair done, and started getting ready to walk down the aisle. I loved sharing our special day with all of our friends and family.

Even though our wedding day was wonderful, I think that the past four years have been even more wonderful. It amazes me to see how much I still love you after waking up with you day after day. This year is the first year that we have lived under the same roof every single night. Seeing you every day is wonderful and I won't take it for granted.

Some of my favorite memories from the past year include how much you helped me while I was studying for the bar, our trip to Puerto Vallarta, enjoying the fall in our new house, our ski trip, holidays with our families, hunkering down during the big snowstorm, and simply living each and every day together.

Thank you for being so kind to me and listening to me. Thank you for being the kind of husband to whom I feel I can say anything without your judging me. Thank you for teaching me to be more patient and how to forgive and forget. You challenge me and make me a better person daily. Thank you for being so supportive when I broke down before the bar, when I graduated from law school, and when I started my first job. Thank you for these wonderful four years!

Love,
Abbie

4 comments:

Well-Sugared Student said...

happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FOURTH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!Love Juanita and Wayne

Kathy said...

You know what, every married person should write their spouse a letter like that on their anniversary every year! Wouldn't it make their spouse feel wonderful and cherished? Why don't we all institute that plan?! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

RORO said--how sweet & thanks for sharing!