Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Eggplant

We love eggplant at our house. The vegetable is SO delicious and versatile.

Do you want a delicious recipe for eggplant?
"Why, no," you are thinking, "That looks like something Paco regurgitated. But thank you."

Never fear, dear readers. You should know that this recipe is delicious.

Peanut Eggplant

- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- two eggplant
-
1/2 cup olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and dice the eggplant into bite-sized pieces. Smother the eggplant with olive oil and let cook for appx. 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, put the remaining ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Don't let it boil very long, though, becuase you may have a mess on your hands. Stir to combine.

Once the eggplant is partially roasted, pour the liquid mixture on top of the vegetables and let cook for another 15 minutes. Stir to combine the remaining sauce with the eggplant. This allows full peanut coverage. Yum.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Paco and Arwen love eggplant too?? ;)

Thanks for sharing the recipe, I can't wait to try it. I've never had eggplant before and it's on my list of new veggies to try!

Prairie Rose said...

I love eggplant, but we dont get good quality eggplant in Southern Idaho very often.
We keep this recipe though in case I do.
Love your pics of your furry babies,so cute!

David said...

I will vouch for the deliciousness of this recipe. I am eating the last of the leftovers for my lunch today!