Monday, May 09, 2011

My weekend

I had a great weekend! On Friday, I went home to my parents' house. We enjoyed some taco salad with some family friends (it was a very tardy Cinco de Mayo celebration). We laughed a lot and I slept so well that night. What is it about sleeping in your old house that makes you sleep like a log?

On Saturday, I went to see my Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle. My uncle just totally redid his house, and I got a home tour! Everything looked really pretty. The kitchen was my favorite part! That day I also went to a shower for my old baby-sitter's daughter. In many small town churches, women in the church give bridal showers for a church member's family member. Many church members attend as well as friends of the bride. There is always delicious food prepared by the ladies at these showers! This was no exception---they had little sandwiches, fresh, beautiful strawberries, and a lovely fruit salad. Delicious!

That evening, my dad grilled us steak and we relaxed all evening long. On Sunday, I woke up, ran, and went to mass with my family. While on my way home, I met a law school friend who just announced that she is expecting! I am so thrilled for her and happy about her fun news.

When I got home, I quickly ran to the grocery store and relaxed all evening long.

Happy Belated Mother's day to all of you mothers out there! What did you do to celebrate the weekend?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We had a delightful Mother's Day, which included my wearing a lovely corsage to speak in church, enjoy brunch at Mary and Mel's, and go for a walk and out to supper with relatives in Washington!
I hope the shower attendees told sweet stories about the bride-to-be, like they did at your shower. I loved that idea!