Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mementos

Every Girls' weekend we make a memento. I think that every year, people sort of dread the exchange, thinking, "what will I make?" This dread is for no reason because every year, the memento exchange is everybody's favorite part of the weekend!

Luckily for me, this year, we decided to lift the restriction of homemade and allow people to buy some mementos if they wished.

This year, I received:
- a sippy cup with my initials
- magnet decorated clothespins for the fridge
- a cute crochet lamb
- a travel jewelry case...homemade
- stationery and an angel magnet
- planted flowers
- a vase with a paper flower
- a bracelet

I gave:
- two bud vases from Crate and Barrel

I love this tradition as well. Hopefully we can continue it every year!

Have you ever seen any cute ideas for a memento exchange?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I also gave mementos which I really liked, but which I didn't make myself both years. Yesterday I saw a book at my library about making personalized gifts. I will look into that between now and next year, although I already have a possible idea of something I would like to purchase from our church fashion show vendors for everybody. Now that we know it is going to be a tradition, we can enjoy planning ahead!