Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding


Source

I am so very excited about the Royal Wedding! Are you?

All my life, I have heard about how gorgeous and fun Lady Diana's wedding was, and I am thrilled to be able to experience such a fun time myself. I already love weddings anyway, and a royal wedding is even funner! The dress, the details, the food, the music, the cake...I love it all!

I am looking forward to seeing Kate's dress the most. She has such a great sense of style and seems do down-to-earth and pretty. I think that she will choose a traditional gown, nothing too trendy. I anticipate a full skirt and fitted bodice, but nothing as puffy as Lady Diana's dress.

I love celebrating little things in life just for the sake of celebrating...our animal birthdays, anniversaries, little accomplishments at work...enjoying these little moments make a fun and happy life. So, even though I don't know these people from Adam, I find it so much fun to enjoy all of the hype surrounding their wedding. Now I can celebrate the fact that I can tell my children about how much fun it was to watch the big royal wedding of my generation.

Are you excited about the royal wedding?

4 comments:

Heather said...

YES! :) I'm old enough to remember Charles and Diana's wedding. Royal weddings are such fun for an ole romantic like myself. I plan on taping the coverage and watching later as I'll be asleep/getting ready for work/at work while the wedding is taking place! I always celebrated my cat's birthday too. It is good to celebrate all the small things and the big things. There is so much sadness in the country right now with all the extreme weather!

Prairie Rose said...

I am excited,although not thrilled about getting up at 2 am here to watch it....
But, like you, I grew up hearing about Lady Di's wedding.
I know that this will be something I might be able to tell my children about someday:)

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't have an inside glimpse of the gown? You did good job describing it. Kate looked beautiful in her gown.
Have a great day.L.J.

Kathy said...

I have to say I'm not very interested in this royal wedding, but Tom and I have always liked the idea that we shared a wedding anniversary with Charles and Diana--July 29!