Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Our weekend

We had a great weekend. On Friday evening I met my family for supper at Flat Branch in Columbia, where I ate wayyy too much pretzel appetizer, crab cakes, and salad. That evening I drove to St. Louis for this:


The Go! St. Louis 5k! It was a lot of fun and I had a great time running around Forest Park in St. Louis. Sights on the race included the Science Center, the Jewel Box, and the Zoo. So much fun! Forest Park is a great place to visit if you ever visit St. Louis.

After that was over, we went out for breakfast and visited some family members. My mom bought me some cute sandals at Nordstrom and we witnesses Toms simply flying off the shelves. I debated buying another pair but decided against it as I figured that one was enough. My mom bought a cute pair, though!

That day I drove back home and went to mass. On Saturday evening we went out with David's family for a delicious barbecue feast. After it was over, we came back to our house for some treats and visiting. I was so tired that evening after such a fun day!

On Sunday I woke up, ran, went to yoga, and petted this lady:

We had an interior design consultant come to our house. I bought an hour of her time on Living Social and it was well worth the money. She had lots of wonderful ideas and used a lot of our existing accessories and pieces to make our house look better. I relaxed the rest of the day.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

What are Toms? I was just telling Tom this evening that I need some spring shoes before Easter. Are they shoes?
We also had a delightful weekend. Sitting on your backyard deck and chatting was just lovely.

Grandma Bert said...

Abbie, Congratulations on your GO Run. I'm always impresssed that you run with your mother. That is such a good thing to me.
One of my favorite Easter treats are good marshmallow eggs. (Should that verb be is or are?)

Kathy said...

I think it should be are, because treats is plural, although that sounds funny "Treats is plural", doesn't it?!