Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Holy Week

Source

We are in the midst of Holy Week, the week before Easter and a week of many rituals and celebrations of Christians. One of my favorite masses is Palm Sunday, which we celebrated this past Sunday (and not just because I enjoy carrying my palms around). Of course, my cats tried to eat our palms when we got home. Not so holy now, are we?

Last night I went to reconciliation. I started yabbering and with only a couple of sins listed the priest began absolving me. I had to tell him to stop and that I had more to say! He laughed and said that I could continue. I will take that to mean that I look pretty innocent.

Do you celebrate Easter? What is your favorite part? If you don't, are you simply enjoying this gorgeous weather and springtime fresh air?

Speaking of springtime fresh air, hop on over to the Fabulous Adventures of Mrs. Haid, our old neighbor, and congratulate her on her beautiful new baby girl! In the meantime, you can enjoy the pictures of a gorgeous baby.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I do celebrate Easter. One of my favorite parts growing up was always waking up early and going with my Dad to the early sunrise service at church. It was at that time of morning I could get the best sense of what it must have been like for Mary Magdalene to have seen Jesus ALIVE! Also in later years my mother's family has been getting together at her brother's house for a big family Easter lunch after church time. That is always great fun to see everyone.