Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

I had a great time at Easter this year! Sadly, David did not join in any festivities because he is studying again. However, my studying is over so I went off and had fun!

On Saturday I went to my mom's house where we enjoyed a delicious meal, festive decorations, and the traditional lamb cake decorating:
We also played a pick up game of baseball. Luckily, my cousins are nice people and allow me to never strike out, so I scored quite a few runs! Fielding was not my strong suit, though.
After that was over, I came home. On Sunday I woke up early and ran, and then David and I went to Easter mass. We had to stand because it was so crowded. The priest was hilarious when he started his homily. He said something to the effect of, "It is so nice to see everybody here today, the place is packed, it is standing room only, and the nave is completely filled to the brim. All I have to say is...where in the hell have you all been since Christmas?" Haha. Everybody laughed so hard.

After mass we came home and enjoyed a meal that I cooked: we had honeybaked ham, potato casserole made my style (minimal sour cream and no cheese), brussels sprouts, pasta salad, and rolls. For dessert I made strawberry shortcake! Yum! Luckily, I went to yoga in the afternoon so I could work off some of that food! I relaxed the rest of the day, enjoying my holiday.

I hope you all had a great Easter as well!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm glad you had a good Easter weekend. We did too, but we missed seeing you and David!