Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Mardi Gras: Jazz


Sorry for the disgusting picture, but the food was actually really delicious.

This past weekend we did not do much. On Friday night we went out to Blue Grotto, a fun restaurant in Brookside with delicious wood-fire pizza. The Pancetta pizza was fabulous.
On Saturday, I went to yoga and began spring cleaning. Let's just say that the cleaning project may be a bit bigger than I expected. I only finished the living room on Saturday after hours of working! Argh.

On Saturday evening after mass, we went to eat at Jazz, a Louisiana-inspired restaurant in Midtown. The place was pretty packed for Mardi Gras, but the food was delicious. I had gumbo, fried shrimp and oysters, dirty rice, and hush puppies. Yum. Everything was so tasty. (Note: I have been to Jazz in Columbia as well and did not think that it was great. If any of you have tried it, please let me know! I wonder now if I just had ordered something that was not a house specialty or something.)

I went to yoga again on Sunday morning and then came home and cleaned all. day. long. My house looks the same, minus teeny-tiny little black marks that I erased with my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

What did you all do this weekend?

Happy Fat Tuesday!

No comments: