Monday, March 28, 2011

Apple and Onion Sliders

I made these sliders this weekend and loved it! My grandmother used to make turkey burgers with apple and onion in them, but after an unfortunate incident with a roll of ground turkey I refuse to cook that stuff myself again.

These were delicious and I will be making them again soon!

Apple and Onion Sliders
- 3/4 apple, chopped in food processor
- 1/2 onion, chopped in food processor
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients (I mush them around with my hands!). Shape into a hamburger or slider shape (I made 15 sliders total, but mine were very small). I cooked mine for about 30 minutes, but they were a tad overcooked. My best advice is to check them periodically and then cook them according to your preference.

Another note...here is a sign that one needs to clean his/her pantry more often:

2 comments:

Katie said...

lol! forget eyes, those potatoes grew legs! :)

Your sliders sound delicious!

Kathy said...

Your potatoes are really funny! I can never finish ten pounds of potatoes anymore before they go bad, now that I am only cooking for two people.