Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Somehow, we have more snow. I can't believe it, either. This is definitely the most snow-filled winter in my memory. I love winter---feeling cozy and warm is really nice. However, I do not like surprise snows. The frankly, sometimes the heavy food can get...well, heavy.

Lately I have been making some summery food to battle the winter heavy food boredom.

BLT Salad

- Romaine lettuce
- tomatoes
- bacon
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salt
- pepper
- sugar

This tastes just like a BLT sandwich. Maybe adding some toasted bread chunks would be a good idea...

I love grapefruit in the winter, but I add all of this, completely making the entire idea unhealthy...
What food do you make to battle the winter blues?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

How funny about the snow! We did not have any but when I talked to Peter today, it was snowing in Rolla.

If I would get in the habit of putting things in the crock pot before I go to work, I would be happy. Luckily we don't mind leftovers and I did make a good supper in the crock pot yesterday so we are all set for tonight!

I just purchased the ingredients for tapioca with chopped maraschino cherries and crushed pineapple, which seems like a lovely cozy winter treat to me!

Julie said...

We got more snow here last Friday-Saturday and when I got up Saturday morning to go to work and saw that I couldn't see the roads I nearly started crying...when is the snow going to stop???

Anonymous said...

RORO said I make meatloaf, pot, roast, chili, chicken noodle soup, beef noodle vegetable soup,. Frankly I am tired of cooking on ALLLLLLL my snow days!
We have had 7 so far and really don't want anymore!

Anonymous said...

RORO said my dad used tosprinkle Jello crystals on his grapefruit. I guess you could try sugar-free?