Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Snow Day Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes

Last week we had a ton of snow---almost 11 inches! David and I had the luxury of staying home together two of the days. Because of that, I decided to get up early and make a delicious breakfast. I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes but since I did not have all of the ingredients, I modified it just a bit.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup pumpkin pie filling
- semi-sweet chocolate chips to taste

Mix the eggs, salt, milk, and oil. Add the dry ingredients while mixing. Add the pumpkin pie filling and mix well. Mix the chocolate chips at the end.

Cook at 350 degrees on your pancake griddle (note: mine took a bit longer to cook than pre-mixed pancake mix).

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That sounds good and cozy! You reminded me that I should write on my Things To Do List a note to make my pumpkin chocolate chip bread I always love.