Friday, February 18, 2011

Room 39


We went to Room 39 to celebrate Valentine's Day. One word: amazing. I absolutely loved the food.

Can I just say something before I talk about the food, though? The staff at the Midtown location was amazing (BTW---I had to check the grammar on that. Did you know about collective nouns?). The bartender lady was SO friendly and smiled so much that it made me happy. Then, our waiter was soft-spoken and so kind. He recommended excellent food and asked the chef to make our appetizer in a special way that I prefer. Not once did he give me the, "What do you MEAN you don't like...." I loved it.

Anyway, back to the food. So the waiter recommended the short rib ravioli. They were simply...divine. So tasteful and delicious. The insides of these things were stuffed full of fresh meat and the pasta itself was fabulous.

For my entree, I chose the pork chop, which was also delicious. The meat was cooked perfectly and so flavorful. The dish came with chopped cabbage salad and mashed parsnips. I do not get into mashed food, so I swapped my parsnips with my husband's cauliflower. He had the duck with vegetables and grape garnish. We were both very satisfied at the end.

We wanted to try dessert, but, alas, we did not have any room.

The midtown location was so intimate and fun. Have you ever tried Room 39?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Gosh, Abbie, you should be a restaurant reviewer! If the owner of Room 39 reads this, maybe he will give you a free dinner!