Monday, January 24, 2011

Taco Soup

I obviously love soup. This weekend I decided to make a taco soup of sorts. It should have been called a pantry soup because I used up items in my refrigerator and pantry so they would not go to waste. The soup ended up being very delicious so I thought I would share my recipe!

Taco Soup
1 can black beans, rinsed
appx. 1 1/2 cups small grape tomatoes
half of an onion, chopped
one yellow squash, sliced
one packet taco seasoning
3-4 cups of chicken broth, depending on your taste for thick or thin soups
1 tablespoon olive oil

Heat the olive oil in a big pot and saute the onion and yellow squash until the squash starts to get soft. Add the grape tomatoes and let saute for another 2-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, beans, and the taco seasoning. I also added about 1/8 of a cup of rice. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!

I know that everybody has a taco soup recipe that they like...what is yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

roro SAID NEVER MADE TACO SOUP BUT MADE CORN CHOWDER OVER THE WEEKEND AND SNOW DAYS AND IT WAS DELICIOUS! Sorry my caps were stuck!Made it from a pack of soup mix that I received from a friend who bought it at Harry & David!